Friday, October 28, 2011

Blogging for the first time as a 21 year old

Today, I decided to read my previous blog posts, from all the way back in 2004 when i was just sec 2. Reading those posts really brings back memories and laughter (seeing how childish i was then) !

God has been good! I'm finally 21 years old, into my 3rd year in Uni and graduating in 2013. And i will step into working life..what next?

Am thankful to God for many things that has happened all these years..how He placed me in different schools and made different friends - some of whom have been really beloved friends of mine till today. In SMU, i must admit its tough but i'm surviving! Ask any other SMU student and see if they sleep before 12am every night and wake up at 6am? It will be rare to find one. But i am proud to be one of them (: (This doesnt mean i slack okay! ahah) Going into SMU has definitely changed my perspectives. Managing expectations, what do i set to achieve in life? are grades everything? are your groupmates just a means to get good grades?

God has showed my that He is able to give me beyond what i expect, though at times i get upset with certain things that happen. In year 1 sem 1, i managed to get into the Namaste IV team despite so many people signing up! God allowed me to forge new friendships and up till today we are still close friends (: In the beginning of this year, I was looking out for summer internships. Applied for a few, went for 3 different interviews..God closed the first 2 doors, BUT He opened a better door for me! And that was an internship i felt that i had the least chance of getting. On top of that, I was able to apply leave and go for church camp in June - something the other 2 companies didn't allow. The experience and friendships forged with my colleagues were simply amazing and God-given. Next, I applied for exchange(Hunagary being my first choice). When i applied, i wasnt confident of securing a space in Hungary because there were only 2 slots. But God prevailed and I gt a space to study in Hungary! I'm sure as time passes, God will continue to show His power and that He is in control of my life.

I have to constantly remind myelf to count my blessings and see what God has done, rather than dwelling on failures and missed opportunities...

Till then...

Jaime

2 comments:

joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com said...

So, I'm not the only one to read my own blog. Lol.

www.joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Superb post regarding "Blogging for the first time as a 21 year old"

Mcx Trading Tips | Intraday Silver Calls