Saturday, August 06, 2005

"One Fine Day"

Happy Birthday Vicky , Charisse!! Anyway, national day is coming! 3 days holiday! This week i have been reading the book "moments of Grace" when i reached to last story..it was just a short one..not really a story but was like a reminder to me from God. So i decided to share it here.

One fine day
I may never see tomorrow, there's no written guarantee,
And thingsthat happened yesterday belong to history.
I cannot predict the future, and i cannot change the past.
I have just the present moment, I must treat it my last.
I must use the moment wisely for it soon will pass away,
And be lost to me forever as part of yesterday.
I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet.
Be a friend unto the friendless, make an empty life complete.
I must make this moment precious, for it will not come again.
And i can never be content with things that might have been,
Kind words I fail to say this day may ever be unsaid.
For I know not how short may be the path that lies ahead.
The unkind things I do today may never be undone,
And friendships that i fail to win may be never won.
I may not have another chance on bended knee to pray,
And thank God with a humble heart for giving me this day.
I may never see tomorrow, but this moment is my own,
It's mine to use or cast aside;the choice is mine alone.
I hve just this precious moment in the sunlight of today,
Where the dawning of tomorrow meets the dusk of day.

Author Unknown.

No comments: